5/18/2020

Starting Balcony Farming During a Pandemic

Ahhh, it's been 9 years since I started this blog. My quest to learn how to turn my brown thumb to green was interrupted when I suddenly moved to Singapore... 9 years ago. I've recently moved to a new apartment and we finally have a balcony! We've tried to plant for a few years now in our old place, but without a balcony it's just been hard to get anything to live for more than 2 weeks. 

Let's try farming for a change...


We thought this is the best time to try our hand on planting again! I never thought I'd revive this blog, but I'm sure there are many people out there who'd want to try out planting. My Mom has an amazing green thumb. Anything she touches flourishes! She's been asking us what we've grown and I thought it would be great to journal this journey again. 

From "Gardening to Noobs" I've decided to re-name this blog to "The Balcony Farmer" since that's what we'll be focusing on right now. I say "we" because I thought I'd rope in the husband on this journey. We're trying to do different things and we've been constantly exchanging ideas the last few weeks. 

The sun blesses our balcony every morning. 


Starting our "balcony" farm has been easy. We started by using what we've kept the last few years -

- a few odd pots
- soil we bought from the supermarket a few years ago
- seeds we've been buying here and there
- kitchen scraps

I told myself that I wasn't going to buy anything until we manage to sprout something from what we have right now. Sweetie planted some seeds and I decided to plant kitchen scraps. That was 8 days ago, I'll share our journey so far in my next post. 

Happy planting!

#live #laugh #farm #farmingDay8




No comments:

Post a Comment