7/05/2020

This is the first time I've planted a dill herb and so I wasn't certain what to expect. But thanks to our research, we were able to provide and care for our balcony plants. And here's the first 60 days of dill.

Day 1 - 5: Waiting for plant lifeform to sprout from the pot.
Day 6 - 10: A small green dot confirmed signs of plant life.
Day 11 - 15:  Two plants sprouted. They looked very vulnerable every time the wind blew cause they were really skinny.
Day 16 - 20: I couldn't quite identify what plant it was cause apparently, there were other seeds that may have sprouted in the same pot.


Day 21 - 25: Only one of the two plants survived. The survivor didn't grow straight up. When it curved at its base, I suspected that it was looking for the sun because part of the pot was blocked by sunlight.

Day 26 - 30: Confirmed it was a dill herb. A plant app I used initially identified it as marijuana. I know I wasn't sure what I planted but I'm pretty sure it's not that.

Day 30 - 35: More branches and more leaves. The leaves are really fine and I noticed that new leaves and branches start out with a light brown color before it becomes green. I'm used to associating the color brown to dried leaves but it's different with dill leaves.

Day 36 - 40: Newer branches have grown and overall, dill is looking good in terms of form and shape thanks to daily morning watering including occasional rice water serving as additional nutrients.

Day 40: There are four main branches and a fifth one is sprouting a bit farther away.

Day 46 - 50: Another branch is sprouting. Dill is better viewed from the top than from the side because of the fine leaves.

Day 51 - 55: Dill is over 2 inches tall. 

Day 56 - 60: Branches are spreading in different directions and continuing to produce new leaves.

Day 60: There are now five branches and the base trunk has gotten wider. I'm happy how my dill has slowly but surely grown to be a healthy herb. 
Looking forward to an abundant and healthy dill. 



2 comments: