5/08/2021

My 5-year old pothos was dying and I was desperate to keep it alive. The roots started to rot and the leaves tarted to turn yellow. I had to do something fast and thought the best way to keep the plant alive was to get cuttings and root it. 


I went ahead and snipped two branches. You run the risk of rotting the stalk when you just put it in water. I didn't have any rooting powder so I did some research. I found out that honey is a good option to prevent root rot. It also helps with growing roots for your plant. 


The cuttings I made loved the honey water. After six months it's a full grown plant! How to do this? Just mix a drop of honey in the water. Change the water every 2 weeks. I also wash off the stick stuff from the roots whenever I change the water. So far, so good!


No comments:

Post a Comment