7/18/2020

A few weeks ago I made ginataang bilo-bilo with langka (jackfruit). I set aside the seeds and I had an idea to plant them. I set aside three and let the seeds dry for a few days.

I planted them over two weeks ago and asked Sweetie to water them a little every day. I tagged the makeshift pot so I don't forget what I planted. I kept checking the first week and then I got busy. I was re-potting some plants yesterday when I checked the pot. I was so surprised to see that the two seeds I planted sprouted!



I asked Sweetie when it sprouted. He said the tiny leaves showed up last Sunday. I didn't notice because the giant mustasa leaves hid the new sprouts from me.

Of course I just realized that jackfruit will grow as trees. I just have a balcony and I won't be staying in this place forever. I still want to nurture this tiny sprouting jackfruit tree and will just have it adopted when I eventually go home.

Do you have any tips for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment