8/08/2020

Planted mustasa (mustard greens) last May. It was ready to harvest a few weeks ago, but I couldn't harvest it because it was too beautiful! My friends warned that I should harvest it soon because it looked like it will start to flower already.

Few weeks old to post-harvest.

So that's what I did last Monday and we immediately had it for dinner. Eating something you nurtured for a few months made me feel really good! We also knew what we were eating was chemical free, fresh and good for us. Have you ever seen a mustasa this green and healthy?



Anyway, so I made my Dad's beef mustasa dish. I shall call it now mustasa taco since that's how Sweetie ate it. Recipe is available here. Here's a video of the harvest and how we ate our first harvest.



I checked the plant the day after I harvested and was happy to see it was okay. It looks like we can harvest again next week if we wanted to. Maybe I'll try to make some burong mustasa. Have you ever tried that? I read it's good as an omelette.

I'd like to try cooking other dishes with mustasa in it. Share your favorite mustasa dishes below.


No comments:

Post a Comment