1/20/2022

Season 3 Plantdemic Day 6: Sprouting!

I was getting nervous about the seeds I planted. I was iffy about the soil because it has a lot of debris. The seller though said it's organic and safe to use. It looked a lot different from the loam soil I used for the bell pepper. I used it anyway and breathed a sigh of relief when I saw some sprouts. Whew! Normally I see some movement already by day 3, but maybe because it's been cold the past few days it's affected the germination time. 

Here's what sprouted on day 6 -

Loose leaf lettuce

Big wave lettuce

Romaine lettuce

Snow pea

Caixin flower (honestly don't remember why we have this)

The hydrophonics set-up is doing nicely too. We noticed that the romaine lettuce is also taking some time to grow compared to the big wave lettuce and loose leaf lettuce. We're not sure whether the mustasa is going to grow, we'll see. 

Growing steadily.


The bell peppers. Notice how clean the soil is.


Started to read up on the care for these veggies too. It's important to know which ones need watering everyday and which ones just need to be watered sparsely. I noticed this for the leeks and spring onions. They tend to rot if you water them too much, so I've been using the soil meter. 

Excited to see what we end up harvesting in a month or two (or three!). 


No comments:

Post a Comment