6/20/2020

I've been so happy the last few days. The tomato plants have started to flower! I was really hesitant to re-pot them last Monday because I saw something different forming.



I re-potted them anyway since I thought it was now or never. I could imagine them fighting each other for nutrients. True enough the stems from the tomato forest were intertwined. I had to handle them very delicately.

It was a good decision for me to "treat" the soil before planting on it. For almost a week I watered the soil with rice water and mixed in some boiled crushed egg shells. I think that helped a lot in minimizing the shock of the plants.

The tallest tomato plant I re-potted was starting to flower. I was anxious that it would affect it's growth when I moved it. I monitored it anxiously the next day after re-potting and it seemed to be okay. After a few days a tiny yellow flower started to come out. I'm still watching it closely since one of my friends said that flowering may be a sign of stress. Yikes!



I just checked and saw the other tomato plants are also started to flower. I need to study now what I need to do to support the tomato plants as they enter this phase. The last tomato plant I had just kept growing long and never bore any fruit. Let's hope things would be different with this batch.

Do you have any tips for me? Please comment below! 

1 comment:

  1. Let's do some research on flowering tomatoes and support our plants during this stressful phase.

    ReplyDelete