7/01/2020

My tomato plants and cucumber have started to flower in the last two weeks! OMG!

Last Monday I was having a video call with a friend when I saw something yellow from the cucumber. I took a closer look and realized it was a flower! I was so shocked because it wasn't there when I last checked after lunch. I got so excited and immediately bade goodbye to my friend.



My tomato plants also started flowering in the last two weeks. The wind though ruined the first few flowers because it's been raining a lot. The stems of the first few flowers looked very thin also so I guess they weren't too healthy also to become fruit.

Most of the tomato plants have started to flower. I'm really hopeful they eventually become fruit.


The last few days the other tomato plants have started to flower as well. I hope some would eventually turn to fruit. I tried manually pollinating them using an earbud, but I think a small paintbrush would do a better job. That's something I hope I can buy together with this week's groceries.

In the meantime I'm also researching on whether there's additional nutrients I should feed the plants so that they'll really bear fruit. Please comment below if you have any advise for me!




No comments:

Post a Comment